Through nearly 500 artworks of original art, sketches and concept art starting from the legendary Steamboat Willie(1928) and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs(1937), to Frozen(2013) and the latest Moana(2016), this show will focus on the moment when life is given to the characters. It will aim to discover “The Magic of Animation” that was brought by Walt Disney and his animators’ imagination, innovation and the technology that made it all true.
- The Art of Disney - The Magic of Animation
- Saturday, February 17 2018 - Sunday, May 13 2018
- 9 a.m.-5 p.m. * Ticket counter closes at 16:30 Closed
- Closed on Mondays.
However, the museum will be open on 3/26, 4/2, 4/30, 5/7.
- The Niigata Prefectural Museum of Modern
3-278-14, Senshu, Nagaoka, Niigata, 940-2083, JAPAN
- Access to Museum
- ・Shinkansen / Local Train: Get off at JR Nagaoka Station (Ote Exit)
・From Nagaoka StationBus: Take the central loop-line bus (Ote Exit, platform No.8) and Get off at "Kenritsu Kindai Bijutsukan" (Approx. 15 min.).・Car: If coming from the Nagaoka I.C. or Kashiwazaki, go straight on 8 route towards Niigata and then turn right at the Hasugata intersection. If coming from Niigata, go straight on route 8 until you cross the Nagaoka Ohashi bridge and then turn left immediately.
Free parking available (165 spaces)
- GENERAL INFORMATION BY TELEPHONE
- TEL : +81-258-28-4111
FAX : +81-258-28-4115 (8:30 - 17:00)
- Admission（tax included）
GENERAL ADVANCE PURCHASE Sales period February 17,2018 -
November 17,2017 -
Adult(Groups) ￥1,500(￥1,300) ￥1,300 Students(Groups) ￥1,300(￥1,100) ￥1,100
- * Group ticket prices apply to groups of 20 or more.
- * Admission is free for junior high school students and children all year.
- * Special exhibition tickets include admission to the collection gallery.
- * College & high school students must show their student ID cards to receive the discount.
- * Free entrance for individuals with either a Physical Disability Certificate or Rehabilitation Certificate (must show certificate). In the case that an individual uses a wheelchair or has a grade 1 disability and needs assistance, one person accompanying them shall also be given free entrance.
- Organized by
- The Niigata Prefectural Museum of Modern, Television Niigata Network Co.,Ltd
- Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd.
- JAPAN AIRLINES, Nippon Express Co., Ltd.、The Niigata Prefectural Art Museum Friendship Society
- Plan Cooperation
- National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation (Miraikan).
- Special Cooperation
- The Walt Disney Company (Japan) Ltd.
- Presented by
- The Walt Disney Animation Research Library